Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rockport Massachusetts

I've been coming here for over 50 years, more off and on than in the past, before I moved to WI. Back then I came every summer. Cape Ann (which includes Gloucester and Rockport), has changed some over that time. Mostly there are more houses perched on oceanview plots. But this year there was a most dramatic and topical change.


Three of these enormous wind turbines loom into view as you enter the cape over the bridge from the mainland. They are clearly visible from here on Good Harbor Beach, one of the most popular beaches on the north shore of Boston. I must admit they were a shock when I first drove beneath them. After a few days of seeing them, everpresent on the horizon, I am getting used to the idea. I wonder how the locals feel about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment