Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hank Aaron State Trail Run/Walk fundraiser in 3 Bridges Park


The Friends of the Hank Aaron State Trail held its annual fundraising Run/Walk last Saturday. It was well attended, with over 1500 participants. For the first time the route included a leg through Three Bridges Park, from the bridge at 33rd Ct. west to the Valley Passage Bridge. That was the leg I covered and I offer a few samples of the photographs I caught there.


The first of the pack reaches the bridge at 33rd Ct.


Runners strung out along the Trail next to the newly built community garden plots.


Passing the 35th St. Viaduct and a field of coneflowers.


And across the Valley Passage Bridge.

To see more images from the event, go to my flickr set.
(Full disclosure: I am on the board of the Friends of the Hank Aaron State Trail.)

This post is one in a series that relates to my Menomonee Valley Artist in Residency. For more information about the residency and links to previous posts and photographs, go to MV AiR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment