Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dramatic storm rolls over the Milwaukee County Grounds



I couldn't believe what I was seeing as I drove across the Swan Boulevard bridge yesterday. I rushed back home to retrieve my camera and got back just in time to catch this remarkable cloud rolling toward me over the west detention basin of the County Grounds.


It was moving so fast I could hardly keep up with it! Here it rolls overhead. I grabbed this shot and raced back to the car to reach the overlook at the top of the hill. It almost got away from me. The final shot is looking east over the County Grounds Park towards downtown. The US Bank building is barely visible in the distance. What you can't see from these single shots is how wide the cloud was. It stretched across the entire horizon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment