I hope you'll join me this Saturday for the second annual Urban Candlelight Hike in the Menomonee Valley. Last year, despite frigid temperatures, we had an overwhelming response when thousands turned out for the inaugural event. Click here to read all about that. This year should be even better!
Here, and below, is the pertinent information:
Where: Three Bridges Park, the Hank Aaron State Trail and the Urban Ecology Center in the Menomonee Valley
When: Saturday, February 3, from 5:30 to 8:30 pm
|The Hank Aaron State Trail in 3 Bridges Park, Urban Candlelight Hike 2017
Bundle up and experience an exciting winter adventure!
For the second year in a row, hardy northerners will cure their cabin fever at this winter Urban Candlelight Hike in Three Bridges Park.
Free for everyone:
- Two miles of candlelit trails on the Hank Aaron State Trail - this event will take place with or without snow!
- Roaring campfires - we’ve added a new campfire along the trail this year!
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm:
- REI gourmet s'mores (while supplies last)
- This is your chance to get on a fat tire or e-bike! Wheel & Sprocket will have FREE fat tire bike and e-bike demos on site to try and test. All ages and abilities are welcome to stop by and check one out. See why fat tire cyclists have more fun all year round!
- 7-10pm: NEWaukee After Party at Third Space Brewing
Get extras with a “Fun Pass!":
- Hot chocolate and pastries at the Urban Ecology Center (while supplies last)! Bring your thermos to save on waste and to take your cocoa on your hike.
- Marshmallow roasting at the FOHAST Fireside Plaza
- Entry for great door prizes! Including $100 gift card from Wheel & Sprocket, $25 gift card to Twisted Fisherman, Rishi Tea prize pack, and REI prize pack (REI Flash 22 pack with a REI Nalgene bottle, REI Camp Mug, and REI Day Hiker First-Aid Kit)
- One free beer at the Third Space Brewing After Party (for those over 21)*
*= only available for fun passes purchased on or before February 2.
This and additional information can be found at the Urban Candlelight Hike website.
|Marshmallow roasting, Urban Candlelight Hike 2017
|Posing in Three Bridges Park, Urban Candlelight Hike 2017
Additional images from Urban Candlelight Hike 2017 can be found in my previous blog post.
Full disclosure: I am a board member of the Friends of the Hank Aaron State Trail, which is among the partner organizations responsible for this event.