Monday, July 7, 2014

Sunrise in 3 Bridges Park



I made this shot early in the morning last Saturday (the sun rose at 5:19 and it was a few minutes after that, to be exact.) It became quite popular after I posted it on facebook so I thought I'd repost it here for anyone who may have missed it there.

I thought I knew where I wanted to be at sunrise, which was next to the bridge crossing over from 3 Bridges Park to Mitchell Park. But when I got there and the sun peeked up over the skyline (at 5:19) I was disappointed. The foreground was uninteresting and the sky above the distant band of clouds was clear. It's hard to plan a good sunrise, I thought. Bit of a crap shoot. So I started walking back through the park. It was just as I reached the hill overlooking the pond that the closer band of clouds blew in overhead and reflected off the surface of the water.

Snake eyes.


This post is one in a series that relates to my Menomonee Valley Artist in Residency. For more information about the residency and links to previous posts and photographs, go to MV AiR.

No comments:

Post a Comment