Monday, July 3, 2017

A tour of Paradise ... Springs


You can take a tour of paradise. It won't even take very long. Paradise Springs, that is. Part of the sprawling archipelago of public lands known as the Kettle Moraine State Park, Southern Unit, it's located just outside of Eagle, WI. The short loop--a bit over a half mile--is well-used, if my visit there on a weekday afternoon was any indication.


The ruins of a spring house, once copper-domed but now roofless, make it easy to find the grand attraction.


The pure, clear--and cold--water that still pours through the spring house at 500 gallons per minute was once bottled on site with the label "Lullaby Baby Drinking Water."


The long history of the site's mostly private ownership includes such well-known pillars of Milwaukee industry as Petit and Pabst.


Paradise Springs, although it may not quite live up to its romantic name, is lovely. In addition to the eponymous springs I found numerous wildflowers--this one is motherwort--and a working bubbler!

You can learn more about Paradise Springs from the WDNR


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.
    www.monsterdaytours.com/free-walking-tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remarkable experience earned after reading all the points of this website. I tried hard to get clue about how I could prove content of its blogs not much effective but I surrendered all my weapons just after reading it.เซ็นทารา ราสฟูชิ

    ReplyDelete